Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The May Birth Flower

The flower of may is the lily of the valley. The meaning of this flower is sweetness and humility. The history and traditions surrounding the may birth flower, the lily of the valley is fascinating. There are myths and legends about the origins of this traditions. It is believed that birthday celebrations originated in the roman empire and the origins of birth month flowers.The language of flowers developed during the highly conservative period of the victorian era. The victorians were strongly restricted by the rules of etiquette when it was considered totally inappropriate to express feelings of love or affection. The hidden message of the birth flower was favored during the victorian era is "you've made my life complete".

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! The lily is one of my favorite flowers and I didn't know it was the flower of May. And I was born on May ,shame on me!!

    ReplyDelete